The Columbus family law lawyers with Edward F. Whipps & Associates help parents, spouses, grandparents, and children throughout central Ohio deal with many of the toughest legal problems they will face. Our experienced Ohio family law attorneys and skilled litigation team have represented hundreds of people in Columbus, Ohio, family law courts with
- Divorce and dissolution cases, including the complicated processes involved with ending a marriage to a person in the military;
- Child custody and visitation disputes, including securing modifications of parenting orders and enforcing grandparents’ rights;
- Invoking a partner’s psychological illness as grounds for divorce, including compelling resistant partners to undergo mental health assessments;
- Child support demands and disputes, including enforcement efforts and requests to modify payment arrangements;
- Spousal support demands and disputes, including planning for tax implications and anticipating the termination of payments;
- Nontraditional family issues, including enforcing the rights of never-married parents and assisting with adoption by same-sex parents;
- Adoption procedures, including establishing legal parentage or guardianship of adults who become disabled or who would benefit from such a relationship;
- Civil protection order demands, including going to court for clients needing restraining orders;
- Alternative dispute resolution, or ADR, which includes negotiating settlements, conducting mediations, arranging arbitrations, and facilitating reconciliation; and
- Offering second opinions on all of the preceding issues.
How a Columbus Family Law Attorney Helps you
Seeking advice and representation from a family law attorney in Columbus, Ohio, allows a person to understand how the law can be used to secure their best outcome, meet all the requirements for filing paperwork, and make it through hearings with judges and case administrators. The Columbus family law attorneys with Edward F. Whipps & Associates welcome the toughest challenges, and we represent wives, husbands, extended family members, active duty and reserve members of the military, and children being represented by guardian ad litem.
When a client comes to us to discuss ending a marriage, our first priority is to protect the person’s privacy and property. We also explore all options to avoid a long, contentious court proceeding. But when doing the hard work of finding hidden assets and enforcing court orders for child support, spousal support, and parenting time becomes necessary, our Dublin, Ohio, family law attorneys do not back down.
Adoptions of all kinds, including international and adult, can be completed with the assistance of our Columbus, Ohio family law attorneys. We also take every measure to protect the interests and rights of an adult seeking legal custody or parenting time.
Unlike many family law practices in central Ohio, we welcome people in same-sex partnerships as clients with cases involving marriage, divorce, adoption, and custody. We understand that families take many forms, including households headed by grandparents and never-married fathers who want to remain involved in their children’s lives. We never want anyone to feel forced to navigate the complications of family law without guidance from a skilled and caring legal ally.
Contact an Experienced Columbus Family Law Lawyer Today
A confidential and no-pressure consultation with family law attorneys based in Columbus, Ohio, can be scheduled by calling Edward F. Whipps & Associates by calling our downtown office at (614) 461-6006, our Dublin office at (614) 461-6007, or filling out this online contact form.